A psychic change or spiritual experience is required for any lasting long term sobriety. It also requires daily maintenance of certain fundamentals and practices.
12 Steps For Spiritual Experienced Self Acceptance
- Admit we were powerless over ego—our lives had become unmanageable. To improve my life, I seek help.
- KNOW that available within me is access to a Power (Creative Intelligence) that can completely restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to place myself completely under God’s (Creative Intelligence) direction for guidance and become willing to be changed.
- Get honest with myself as never before. I take a written inventory of mistaken judgments and negative emotional responses.
- Admit to God, myself, and to another human being exactly what I have discovered to be wrong with me.
- NOW entirely ready to have God remove my defects of character.
- Humbly ask Him to change me at depth, making me over into the person He created me to be; Establishing within my true individuality- spiritual nature.
- Made a list of all persons whose lives I harmed and become willing to make amends to them all, including myself.
- Proceed to make direct amends to each of these persons wherever possible except when to do so would further injure them or others.
- Continue to observe my actions, attitudes and when I am wrong promptly admit it in the spirit of humility with integrity.
- Seek through prayerful contemplation to improve conscious contact with God. Desiring only God’s direction in all things, with the understanding and strength to follow His will.
- Having awakened to the reality of the spiritual life as the result of these steps, we freely share what we have found and continue to practice these principles in each new situation. We continue to share…
Principles To Live By As A Result
Honesty. Hope. Faith. Courage. Integrity. Willingness. Humility. Love. Mercy. Perseverance. Spirituality. Service.
I understand that the steps are a lifelong commitment towards honesty and acceptance. The steps never change, I do.
Dr. David R. Hawkins 12 Step Model For Soul Purification
Steps 4 & 5